Members can adopt their own reasons for who they vote for. These reasons could include:
- fastest performance during the year,
- most improved performance,
- most consistent performance,
- most races completed during the year
- attendance on Wednesday evenings
- any other reason selected by the voter, however, the award is intended for running activities not service to the club.
The result shall be determined by the number of votes cast for both female and male runners. The most votes will determine the winner in each case. Should there be a tie then the Chairperson will have the casting vote. The decision of the Chairperson will be final.
2019 Winners of the Ray Thorne Memorial Shield are Wendy Kane and Nik Barter
Previous winners can be found here